Pasta with carbonara sauce and Spaghetti with cacio e pepe sauce.
Pasta with Carbonara sauce (spaghetti or a short pasta cut, eggs, guanciale or pancetta or bacon, parmesan cheese, pecorino cheese, black pepper) is a true classic of the Roman cuisine. Every family has its own version. It is an extremely tasty pasta dish and to be successful it must be creamy and well balanced.
Note: zucchini or asparagus can be used instead of guanciale for a vegetarian version.
We will prepare together ONE of the following fresh pasta doughs to be chosen by the Chef instructor:
- Fettuccine (00/All purpose flour – Fine Semolina – Eggs)
Fettuccine is our most traditional hand made pasta. It’s a long, thin pasta cut traditionally prepared for the Sunday lunch. It is usually served alongside a tomato sauce, a ragù sauce, or simply dressed with butter and parmesan cheese.
- Tonnarelli (00/All Purpose flour – Durum wheat semolina – Eggs – Salt). Tonnarelli or guitar pasta is a typical long pasta cut prepared in Rome to be paired with a cheese and pepper (cacio e pepe) traditional dressing. It can be served also with seafood sauces and other typical dressing. We traditionally used a guitar tool or a cutter rolling pin to cut it, but also a knife will be ok.
- Pici: (00/All Purpose flour – Durum wheat semolina – Oil – Salt). Thick hand rolled fresh pasta from Tuscany, typically dressed with aglione sauce.
- Shaped semolina fresh pasta dough: i.e. orecchiette, strozzapreti, cavatelli, malloreddus (Durum Wheat Semolina, salt). Shaped semolina fresh pasta dough is a typical fresh pasta dough from the South of Italy. It is usually shaped in short cuts and dressed with typical sauces. It is prepared with durum wheat semolina. Durum wheat is traditionally grown in the south of Italy.
And we will also prepare together a typical Italian and Roman-style pasta sauce as a dressing for the fresh pasta kneaded (ONE of the following to be chosen by the Chef according to the kind of pasta dough prepared, since any different fresh pasta types and cuts need a specific sauce):
- (A)matriciana sauce (tomato, guanciale, pecorino cheese, chili pepper, extra virgin olive oil, salt and a secret ingredient)
- Alfredo sauce (butter and parmesan cheese)
- Aglione sauce
- Arrabbiata sauce
- Cacio e pepe sauce (pecorino cheese, black pepper)
- Tomato and basil sauce (fresh or can tomato, basil, chili, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt)
- Ricotta cheese and pepper sauce (ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper)
- Pesto sauce (basil leave, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan and pecorino cheese, extra virgin olive oil)
- Tuna and tomato sauce (fresh or can tomato, tuna fish in oil, fresh parsley, chili, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt)
- Or other typical sauces according to the season and to the teacher’s inspiration
Participants: 1-7 Minimum total number of 3 bookings required for this class to commence
Knowledge required: beginner-friendly, amateurs, experts.
Cancellation policy: Refunds available 72 hours in advance only.